Sunday 19 April 2009

Great book from New Zealand

I found out about this book through a talented young lady who interviewed me for Triple J Arts in 2007, when I had my Teacosy* Revolution Exhibition in Melbourne, and so I finally got hold of a copy last year...its a treasure trove of the handmade, and the very personal, iconographic creations of an era and a certain generation...and now that t.v, the internet and mobile phones are more distracting and time-consuming, AND modern life is becomming so throw-away and streamlined, so many of the objects in this book appear antiquated and irrelevant, which is VERY sad!





This tea cosy is quite fascinating...



To continue along the crazy patchwork theme of my previous post here:

1 comment:

AM said...

Thanks for that - for the life of me I couldn't remember the name of this book the past month and here it is!