Monday 15 December 2008

Cystoseira fibrosa.

I found this on flickr today while I was getting ready to upload new tea cosy photos.

This album is a beautiful collection of British sea weeds (Algae), and has so much embroidering potential, not to mention how important it is as the first photographic published work by a woman.

Follow the links to view more information and see the rest of the album, its a beautiful thing!

What relation does this have to The Teacosy* Revolution?
I know....though what do you think??

2 comments:

Fer said...

Oh my, oodles of potential there!

I could even see it trailing up the front panel of a dark skirt. Hmmmm.....

a good yarn said...

Aren't they fabulous. I wanted to do something similar to this when in high school. I wanted to study photography and my major work was to be plant material, leaves, etc *photograph* onto fabric. The finished piece would have been rather quilt like.

I digress.

There is a elegant simplicity in the images and they would be most suitable for embroidery. Would you use thread or silk ribbon or a combination of both? Perhaps something?

You find the most marvellous things to share with us.

Thank you.

Ann