Friday 9 May 2008

Exhibition at Bundoora Homestead, "Where Have All The Tea Cosies Gone?", may 2008

What an amazing exhibition...there are about 355 tea cosies which people have made and donated especially for the exhibition which is being held to raise money for the Cancer Council in Australia. I presented a talk last Thursday about my project, The Teacosy* Revolution, and why I think tea cosies are so fabulous and important! A bit like preaching to the converted...and one of these days I want to have the supreme confidence to present a riveting revolutionary talk which sways the populace.....
So these first images are the tea cosies from the show that I have bought... I just cant help myself!! Anyway, it's important to build a collection in one's field of expertise and passion!!


I bought this tea cosy...

...and I bought this one...

This tea cosy is made by a Vicotrian sculptor, I don't remember her name...its a cosy made of plastic rope and netting that has been washed up on the beach, so it smells like the sea...and plastic! I love it...tea cosy art!

This is the last tea cosy I purchased and I love it because it's so kitsch...a little Dutch Dolly Cosy!

I bought the chook cosy, which has been made by a young girl out of knitted and crocheted wool.

This cosy is called 'Red Riding Cosy', and I'm giving it to a friend who loves the Red Riding Hood tradition.

2 comments:

The Exton Gardener said...

What an exhibition - they're just stunning. I love that sea cosy - a prime example of how art can trancend its materials. Wish I'd been there!

Fer said...

Me cosy you cosy. What a cosy day!